St. Anthony’s extends its welcome beyond the student to include the whole family. At the core of this are our wonderful volunteers. We welcome the knowledge, skills and commitment of all volunteers with multiple opportunities across the school calendar to get involved in a way that suits you.
We greatly value our parents and friends volunteers and they have a special place within our school community. We are also aware that volunteering is a great way to get to know other parents and has been the starting point of many life-long-friendships.
There are a number of ways in which you, as a parent, can be involved within your child's school community.
Parents & Friends Committee
All parents in the school are members of this organisation. The association has a number of roles in the school, including community building, social activities, parent education, hospitality and fundraising. The committee meets each month at 9am and the Principal attends the meetings.
For anyone who wishes to volunteer their time in any form such as to assisting with reading, accompanying an excursion, helping with cooking or simply wishes to take part in an activity must have a Working with Children Check.
Prior to commencing any volunteer duties parents and carers will be required to provide copies of:
- A Working with Children Check (available through the school)
- Responding to Abuse and Neglect (RAN) Certificate
- Read and complete the Volunteer Registration Information Booklet
- Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care (RRHAN-EC)
- Access the RAN (Reporting Abuse & Neglect online training) at plink.sa.edu.
- Create an account.